Poem [Lana Turner has collapsed!]
Cite This Page
Poem [Lana Turner has collapsed!] Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- If Frank O'Hara were writing this poem today, how would it be different? Where would he be getting his news?
- Who are the modern-day equivalents of Lana Turner?
- What happens to the addressee by the end of the poem? Has the original addressee been replaced with someone else? If so, who?
- Why does the line "Lana Turner has collapsed" appear twice in the poem? How does it function differently the second time it appears?
- Is there anything serious about this poem? Is it possible to write serious poems about unserious people?