When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer
When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Are you the kind of person who always has to "stay until the end" of something? Would you have left the lecture if you were in the speaker's place?
- Do you think the speaker would have felt a "mystical" connection to the night if he had not been bored out of his gourd moments before?
- Do you think that math and spirituality are incompatible? What is the difference between these two perspectives? Can they coexist?
- Imagine that the speaker wanders back to the lecture hall after checking out the stars, and he and the astronomer have a conversation. What would each man say?
- Have you ever felt like you were fully a part of nature, or do you always feel a slight separation from the natural world?