Life of Pi
Life of Pi Part 2, Chapter 47 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Daybreak. The zebra dies by noon.
- The hyena and Orange Juice go at it again: Orange Juice thumps the hyena on the head and wins Round 1.
- Pi knows, however, that a female fruit-eating orang-utan doesn't stand a chance against a carnivorous male hyena.
- Round 2: The hyena gets a hold of Orange Juice's throat and kills Orange Juice. This is upsetting.
- Pi decides it's him or the hyena. He advances to the edge of the tarpaulin. Oh snap. Richard Parker is down there, under the tarpaulin. No wonder the hyena has stayed toward the stern of the boat.
- Night falls.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search