Life of Pi
Life of Pi Part 2, Chapter 53 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Pi sleeps most of the morning and wakes up to this fact: "RP will kill me if I stay on the lifeboat." He decides to build a raft.
- While building the raft, RP stirs. RP stares down Pi and the hyena. RP kills the hyena with ease. It's actually scary how easily RP kills the hyena.
- Pi thinks he's next.
- Out of nowhere, rat runs across the tarpaulin and Pi thinks RP is going to jump up after the rat and maul poor Pi too.
- Pi thinks quickly: he grabs the rat and tosses it to RP who inhales the little beast.
- RP focuses on eating the hyena.
- Pi focuses on finishing his raft. He ties it with some handy rope to the lifeboat.
- It starts raining so Pi gets a rain-catcher from the locker and almost incites RP to attack.
- The chapter ends with Pi out on his raft. Night falls.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Here Be Monsters! An Adventure Involving Magic, Trolls, and Other Creatures; The Ratbridge Chronicles Volume 1 - Learning Guide
Noodle's College Search