Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
Life of Pi Part 2, Chapter 57 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- In a really, really good turn of events for Pi, RP makes a sound from his nostrils, sort of like a snort. Pi, with his encyclopedic knowledge of animals, knows the sound: prusten.
- For tigers, prusten is an expression of "friendliness and harmless intentions" (2.57.5).
- Eureka moment for Pi: he can (and must) tame RP.
- Pi gets all worked up, blows his whistle, and RP doesn't jump into the water to come shut up the excitable Indian boy.
- Pi decides on his new plan: it's time to tame RP.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...