Life of Pi
by Yann Martel
Related History & Literature on Shmoop
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching Life of Pi Teacher Pass
Teaching Life of PiTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Related History & Literature on Shmoop
- Old Man and the Sea
So many scenes, themes, even ideas in Life of Pi seem so similar to those in Hemingway's Old Man and the Sea that they're practically parallel texts.
- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem about a mariner who interrupts a wedding to tell a story about his survival at sea should ring some bells for anyone who just read Life of Pi.