Light in August
by William Faulkner
Light in August Chapter 10 Summary
- Max and Mame steal half of Joe's money and leave the house while he's passed out.
- Christmas drifts around for fifteen years, living everywhere from Oklahoma to Mexico to Chicago.
- He ends up back in Mississippi one day, where he finds an abandoned cabin; he moves into it even though it's located on the property of an older white woman named Miss Burden.
- One night Christmas sneaks into Miss Burden's house and starts eating her food.
- She walks into he kitchen and catches him, saying that if it's food he wants, he'll find it.