This Lime-Tree Bower My Prison Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Have you ever felt like you were missing out on a really good time with your friends? What kinds of emotions did you experience? Did you blame your friends for leaving you, or was it more self-pity?
- Do you agree with the speaker that you can always find natural beauties close at hand, even in the most barren places? If Coleridge were able to time-travel into the future, would he find places on our planet presently where there is little or no natural beauty?
- If Charles Lamb were able to reply to the speaker, what would he say? What would his pet name for the speaker be?
- How do you think Coleridge got hot milk dropped on his foot? Seriously, how does that happen? (Coleridge had a rather difficult marriage, and some people think his wife might have done it on purpose!).
- Have you ever succeeded in becoming happy by imagining yourself in a happy place? Maybe you were in the library and imagined you were on a cool sandy beach?
Next Page: Best of the Web
Previous Page: Quotes