Little Bee (The Other Hand)
Little Bee (The Other Hand) Chapter 8 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Later that morning, Sarah goes in to work at Nixie. She tells her longtime friend, Clarissa, who works for her at Nixie, that she wants to start running more serious news. She wants to run a story on refugees for the next issue. (Let's all remember this is a fashion magazine. Interesting…)
- Clarissa says she'll make this happen, but she thinks it's a bad idea, since Nixie's readers don't exactly want serious pieces. Sarah agrees to take a day to think about it.
- When Sarah gets home, Little Bee is in the garden.
- Sarah and Lawrence talk. Sarah tries to explain to him that she wants to help Little Bee. It's important for her to do something about the problems she sees in the world.
- Lawrence just wants her to be grateful that she has a safe life with a good income. Trying to save Little Bee could disrupt all of that. He wants her to compromise.
- She tries to make him understand that she isn't going to compromise about someone as important to her as Little Bee.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...