The Little Prince
by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The Little Prince Chapter 11 Summary
- First a king, then “a conceited man”. Yes, that’s the name of the next guy the prince runs into.
- The king thought the prince was a subject, and the conceited man thinks the prince is an admirer.
- He tricks the prince into applauding him.
- The conceited man asks the prince if he thinks the man is the most wonderful man on the planet—he is, we know, the only man on the planet, which the prince points out.
- He begs the prince to admire him, and the prince says he does, in order to make him happy.
- But the prince doesn’t get what the big deal with admiring is, really. So, he continues on his journey.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...