The Little Prince Chapter 13 Summary
- Who’s next? The businessman. This guy is a classic workaholic. He’s more interested in his work than he is in a potential visitor.
- The prince has to keep asking, over and over, to determine what this guy is counting.
- It turns out the businessman is counting stars. He claims he owns all of them.
- The prince wants to know what he will do with the stars, and the businessman says that he will write down the number of stars on a piece of paper and put this paper in a bank.
- Then the little prince says that he owns three volcanoes and a flower, and that they are of some use to him just as he is to them. But the businessman is of no use to the stars.
- As the chapter ends, the prince is even more convinced that adults are weird. Time to go to the next planet.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...