The Little Prince Chapter 22 Summary
- Now, after saying goodbye to the fox, the prince continues to travel and meet people.
- First up: a railway switchman.
- He and the prince talk, and the switchman explains his job, saying he makes the trains go to the right or to the left. (Good times, right? Sounds riveting.)
- The prince asks him what the travelers in the train are looking for; no one knows, says the switchman.
- The prince asks him if the travelers were not satisfied where they were; no one is satisfied where they are, says the switchman.
- The prince wants to know what the travelers are pursuing; nothing at all, says the switchman.
- He tells the prince that the travelers are asleep or yawning in the trains. Only the children are awake and looking out the windows.
- The prince states that only the children know what they are looking for, and the switchman concludes that children are lucky. (Score: Children=1; Adults=0.)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...