The Little Prince Chapter 6 Summary
- On the morning of the fourth day, the little prince reveals that he loves sunsets, and says to the narrator, “Come let us go look at a sunset now” (6.1).
- Then, the narrator has to explain to him that on Earth, sunsets only happen in the evenings.
- Of course, that’s not how it works where the prince is from. Because his planet is so tiny, he can see a sunset at any time—all he has to do is move a few steps. One day, says the little prince, he watched forty-four sunsets.
- The prince says that he loves watching sunsets when he is sad.
- The narrator realizes then that the prince is melancholy. When he asks him about it, though, the prince says nothing.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...