The Little Prince
by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The Little Prince Chapter 9 Summary
- The prince departs his planet with a pack of migrating birds.
- But before he leaves, he tidies up his planet: he cleans out his two active volcanoes (which he uses to heat up his breakfast) and the one extinct volcano; then he pulls out baobab shoots.
- However, the prince and the flower have the hardest time with parting.
- She apologizes to him and seems different – less proud. She says she loves him, and that she has been silly not to show it.
- They are both sad to separate, and don’t know when they’ll meet again. (Saying goodbye stinks!)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...