The Little Prince
by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
The Little Prince Timeline and Summary
- The prince meets the narrator in the desert and asks for a drawing of a sheep.
- The prince tells the narrator that he’s from an asteroid where he has a special flower.
- He has traveled to several different planets and met a variety of grown-ups: a king, a geographer, a businessman, a tippler, and a lamplighter.
- On earth, he has met a railway switchman, a salesman, more flowers, and a snake.
- The prince explains how he met and tamed a fox. The fox taught him important secrets, and the prince shares them with the narrator.
- Eventually, it is time for the prince to go back to his planet.
- He asks the snake to bite him so he can leave his body behind on Earth and travel back to his planet.
- The prince bids the narrator goodbye, gets bitten, and disappears.