A Little Princess Chapter 14 Summary
What Melchisedec Heard and Saw
- While Sara is out and about for the day, an odd thing happens—and only Melchisedec is there to witness it.
- Melchisedec is chilling, just minding his own business when the skylight opens and two people crawl through. Oh no! Could it be thieves?!
- No, it's just Ram Dass and a young man, the Indian gentleman's secretary.
- They take a look around at her bed (hard as stone), all her sheets (dingy and worn), and the fireplace (never had a fire in it).
- Meanwhile, the secretary is furiously scribbling things down.
- It appears that Ram Dass and the Indian gentleman have decided to bring lots of nice things into Sara's room and redecorate it while she is asleep one night.
- Well, that seems a little bit ambitious. And creepy.