A Little Princess
A Little Princess Chapter 4 Summary
- Miss Minchin kisses up to Sara all the time and compliments her because she wants her to stay at the boarding school—on account of all that money, of course.
- Whenever parents come, Sara is brought out to speak to them as evidence of how good the school is.
- That's bananas, of course, since Sara hasn't learned a thing at the school.
- Lavinia is super jealous of Sara, Mean Girls-style. She wants to stay the queen bee and thinks that Sara's habit of playing pretend and making up stories is completely silly.
- However, Sara is super friendly and kind to all the students so obviously they like her more. She even has tea parties for them in her room.
- One little girl, Lottie Leigh, is prone to tantrums and constantly uses the fact that her mother is dead as a bargaining chip.
- One day when she's having a tantrum that Miss Amelia and Miss Minchin can't deal with, Sara volunteers to to calm her down.
- Sara lets her cry and then calmly informs Lottie that she doesn't have a mother either. Both their mothers are in heaven and that it is an absolutely beautiful and angelic place.
- Sara says that she will be Lottie's mama at the school, and takes her to go wash her face and brush her hair.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search