A Little Princess
Cite This Page
A Little Princess Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What does royalty have to do with anything? Why is Sara called a princess?
- How would you chart Sara's path in terms of rising and falling?
- What is the role of imagination and storytelling in the book?
- If the story was set in present-day times, where would Sara be and how would her situation be different?
- How important is money in the story and why?
- What is the role of geographic location in the story? Would it be different if Sara were a little czarina from Russia instead of an exotic princess from India?
- Isn't it a little bit creepy that Emily is such a character in the book? We mean... she's a doll. And dolls are creep-tastic. Why do you think she's so important?
- Let's talk about words: does it make a difference what kind of accent the characters have?
- Why does Sara get to be adopted by a rich man while Becky has to end up working in a bakery?
- What in the world is Miss Minchin's deal? Do you think she sees the error of her ways by the end?
- Why is the Indian gentleman so sick?
- What does the Large Family represent to Sara? Why are they obsessed with her, too?