Cite This Page
Lolita Timeline and Summary
- April, 1934: On the honeymoon trip of Charlotte Becker and Harold E. Haze to Veracruz, Mexico is Lolita's conception.
- January 1,1935: Dolores Haze is born in Pisky.
- 1945: The Hazes move from Pisky (Midwest) to Ramsdale (New England).
- May, 1947: Humbert moves in.
- June, 1947: Lolita goes to Camp Q.
- August, 1947: Charlotte gets hit by a car.
- August, 1947: Humbert comes to retrieve Lolita at Camp Q.
- August 14, 1947: Humbert leaves Camp Q with Lolita; the pair checks in to The Enchanted Hunters hotel.
- August 15, 1947: This is the day of the first sexual act between Humbert and Lolita; they begin their extensive travels all over the states.
- August, 1948: One year of travels around the US ends; they arrive in Beardsley at the end of August.
- May, 1949: Lolita is involved in The Enchanted Hunters, the school play.
- May, 1949: Humbert and Lolita leave for their second trip around the United States.
- June 27, 1949: Lolita becomes ill in Elphinstone and must check in to the hospital.
- July 5, 1949: Lolita disappears from the hospital.
- Clare Quilty takes Lolita to a dude ranch, the Duk Duk Ranch; refusing to participate in Quilty's child pornography films, Lolita is kicked out.
- Lolita drifts for two years, working in some restaurants to get by.
- Lolita meets her future husband, Dick.
- September 18, 1952: Lolita writes a letter to Humbert.
- December 25, Thursday, Christmas Day: Lolita dies in Gray Star, Alaska, "in childbed, giving birth to a stillborn child."