The Lorax Lines 109-122 Summary
The Lorax Sucks at Predicting the Future
- The accusations fly from the Lorax's lips. The Once-ler, he says, is "crazy with greed" (110). Then he disses the Thneed, arguing that nobody will ever buy it.
- (We have to admit, we're kind of tempted by the fuzziness and color choices of the Thneed. And, of course, the whole butterfly milk scent.)
- Bad timing. Right after the Lorax tells the Once-ler that nobody needs a Thneed, somebody comes up and buys one for just under four bucks. Hmmm.
- The Once-ler laughs at the Lorax, who reminds him that it's he who speaks for the trees. (In case you'd forgotten.)
- Obviously, this isn't swaying the Once-ler. He tells the Lorax to get lost.