The Lorax Lines 150-170 Summary
The Lorax Comes Back
- A week goes by before the pesky Lorax pops up again. He stands outside the Once-ler's private office and more bossing ensues.
- Apparently, he not only speaks for the trees, but he's also in charge of the Brown Bar-ba-loots, who used to have happy lives eating fruits and basking in shade.
- Now the poor things look awful: bloated bellies, drooping ears, grimaced faces. Only the whites of their eyes are visible, and their fur has lost its fuzzy, pet-able sheen.
- Since the Once-lers are cutting down all the Truffula trees, the Bar-ba-loots have no more Fruits to eat. This leads to gas and the overall "crummies" (160).
- The Once-ler watches sadly as the Lorax sends the Brown Bar-ba-loots away to search for food in some other land.
- Is the Once-ler coming around? Not so much. Sadness takes the back seat to his chief concern: expanding the Thneed business.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...