Cite This Page
Lord Jim Chapter 14 Summary Page 1
- Marlow has a sleepless night. We're betting Jim does, too.
- The next day he goes to Jim's sentencing, at which the court finds the crew members derelict in their duty and strip them of their officer certification.
- There you have it, folks: Jim has been publicly shamed.
- After the trial Marlow runs into two guys named Chester and Captain Robinson, who are planning some shady business and want to offer Jim a job.
- But Marlow, looking out for his new buddy, refuses to pass along the offer and the two men leave in a huff. Good one, Marlow. Way to be a friend.