by Joseph Conrad
Lord Jim Chapter 33 Summary
- As she questions Marlow about Jim, Jewel also reveals some of the horrors of her life, including Cornelius's abuse and her mother's tragic death.
- Jewel doesn't trust men, and that's why she is grilling Marlow about her fella.
- After she badgers him with one too many questions, Marlow finally snaps and says that Jim isn't good enough for her or anyone. That's his big secret.
- But Jewel refuses to believe Marlow. She would rather stand by her man.
- Though Marlow tries hard to salvage the situation, Jewel storms away.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...