Lord Jim Chapter 45 Summary
- A rattled Tamb' Itam makes his way back to the village. On the way, he encounters Jewel and lets her know what happened. She flies off the handle.
- When he gets back to the village, Tamb' Itam then breaks the bad news to Jim, who is just as upset as his ladylove. He's so devastated, in fact, that he refuses to defend himself, despite Jewel's pleas.
- Meanwhile, Dain Waris's body is brought back, and Doramin cries out loudly at the sight of his dead son.
- Everyone notices Jim's ring, and they start to ask questions about what happened. Uh oh.
- Jim decides to turn himself over to Doramin and accept his fate. When he goes to see his dead friend's father, Doramin shoots Jim, killing him.
- There you have it, Shmoopers. Marlow wraps things up with some last thoughts on Jim and his tragic, adventurous life.