Available to teachers only as part of theTeaching Lord of the FliesTeacher Pass
Teaching Lord of the FliesTeacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Reading Quizzes
Chapter 1: The Sound of the Shell
Questions1. Before we learn his real name, what is Ralph called?
2. How did the boys come to be on the island?
3. Why does Piggy think it is unlikely that Ralph's father will come to save him?
4. What does Ralph do that draws the attention of the other boys on the island?
5. Why is a group of boys Piggy and Ralph find wearing black robes?
6. What medical condition does Piggy have?
7. At the end of the chapter, what does Jack contemplate that he can't quite make himself do?
Answers1. The fair boy.
2. Their plane crashed.
3. Piggy says that the pilot told him an atomic bomb went off and everyone is dead.
4. He blows into a large white conch shell that he and Piggy find on the edge of the water.
5. They were part of a choir.
7. Jack thinks about killing the pig they find in the brush, but he can't do it.
CORRESPONDING LEARNING GUIDE