Louisiana Purchase and Lewis & Clark
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching Louisiana Purchase: Haitian Revolution to Lewis & ClarkTeacher Pass
Teaching Louisiana Purchase: Haitian Revolution to Lewis & Clark Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- What would have happened if the Haitian slaves had not succeeded in their revolt?
- How would Haiti be different today if the French had retained control of this profitable sugar colony?
- What might be different if Napoleon had not lost interest in his North American holdings?
- What if American western expansion had been held in check by a powerful French province west of the Mississippi River?
- Would the United States be the same country without the Midwest, Far West, Pacific Northwest, and/or Southwest? Why or why not?
- What epic events in American history would have been altered?
- The Civil War?
- The Gold Rush?