The Lovely Bones
by Alice Sebold
The Lovely Bones Chapter 7 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Susie watches as Buckley, his friend Nate, and Holiday the dog run up the stairs.
- Buckley tells Nate he can see Susie, and that Susie talks to him and kisses his cheek.
- Buckley takes Nate into her room. After her death, Holiday finds Susie's stash of private stuff, and has strewn the items around the room.
- Now Buckley finds a bloody twig she'd saved two years before.
- Susie is babysitting Buckley. He gets a twig stuck in his throat and starts chocking.
- She'd grabbed the keys to her dad's Mustang and drives him to the hospital, saving his life.
- She saves the twig as a memento.
- Her Grandma Lynn says she will live long as a result of her heroics.
- But Grandma Lynn wasn't right at all.
- In heaven, Susie sees a line of crows, holding twigs in their beaks. When she leaves the gazebo (where she watches Earth) to go back to her and Holly's duplex, the crows follow.
- She wonders if Buckley can really see her.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...