The Lovely Bones
The Lovely Bones Questions
- If you knew Mr. Salmon, would you take his suspicions of Harvey seriously, or not?
- Is The Lovely Bones destined to be a classic? Why or why not? Should it be taught in school?
- Could this novel be helpful to victims of rape, their loved ones, or the families of people with a murdered member? Why, or why not.
- Why don't the police suspect Mr. Harvey?
- If you were a psychiatrist, how would you analyze Mr. Harvey? Is there a cure for his problem? What might it look like?
- How does Mr. Harvey compare to other serial killers you've seen in movies or read about in other books? How is The Lovely Bones different from or similar to other fictional stories about serial killers?
- Does Susie have any sympathy for her killer? Do you?
- Why don't critics like the film adaptation of the book? Do you like it? Why, or why not?