Love's Labour's Lost
Cite This Page
Armado Timeline and Summary
- Armado sends a letter to the King, accusing Costard of the treasonous act of consorting with woman.
- He moans to his page, Moth, about his love for Jaquenetta. Arriving with Dull and Costard, Jaquenetta rejects him.
- Armado puts Costard in jail, and resolves to write a love letter.
- In total defiance of the King's decree, Armado releases Costard to carry his letter to Jaquenetta. The clown mixes up the letters and delivers Armado's to the Princess.
- Armado enlists the rustics to help him put on a play for the nobles. He will play Hector.
- During the play, Costard tells Armado that Jaquenetta is pregnant by him. He promises to "hold her plough" for three years.