Love's Labour's Lost
Princess of France Timeline and Summary
- The Princess arrives at Navarre with her entourage. She has business to discuss with the King of Navarre.
- She's not happy to hear that they have to camp out because the King has sworn off women.
- Boyet tells her the King has fallen in love with her.
- After a round of hunting, Costard mistakenly delivers Armado's letter to Jaquenetta, thinking it was from Berowne to Rosaline. The ladies listen to Boyet read it aloud.
- Informed by Boyet that the men plan to visit them in disguise, the Princess comes up with a trick to play. They'll switch disguises so the men address themselves to the wrong woman.
- When the men return as themselves, the Princess and her ladies continue to harass them.
- All settle down to watch a play performed by the rustics. At the height of hilarity, the messenger Marcade enters to announce that the King of France is dead.
- Instantly preparing to go, the Princess explains that they only played along with the love games for fun. In a tender speech that reveals her feeling for the King, she asks him to spend a year in a monastery. If he still loves her, she's his.