Macbeth Act 5, Scene 2 Summary
- A bunch of Scottish noblemen converge in the country near Dunsinane, where Macbeth keeps his castle.
- On their heels, heading for Birnam, is the English army, led by Malcolm, Malcom's Uncle Siward, and Macduff. Oh, and a bunch of young Scottish men have taken up arms with the English army.
- This is not looking good for Macbeth.
- Some dude name Cathness informs the group that the tyrant King is hell-bent on protecting Dunsinane. It's pretty clear that his actions are in his own interests and not the nation's.
- Everyone agrees that Macbeth's a lousy king and needs to go.