Man in the Iron Mask Timeline and Summary
- The Man in the Iron Mask (a.k.a. Philippe), lives peacefully in the Bastille without an iron mask.
- Aramis comes to visit and reveals the truth behind his parentage and asks him to think about the possibility of taking the throne.
- Philippe is tempted.
- Aramis comes for another visit and breaks Philippe out of jail.
- In the woods, Aramis asks Philippe to make a decision – life as a private citizen or life as a king.
- After contemplation, Philippe chooses to be king.
- He is caught and subsequently arrested by D'Artagnan. He is forced to wear an iron mask, hence the name D'Artagnan must take him as prisoner to the island of Ste. Marguerite.
- On the way to Ste. Marguerite, Philippe saves D'Artagnan's life.
- Once on the island, Philippe encounters Athos and Raoul. He throws them a plate with a message etched on the bottom.
- He asks to be called Accursed.
Next Page: King Louis XIV Timeline
Previous Page: Raoul