Maniac Magee Chapter 10 Summary
- Maniac doesn't know he doesn't belong in the East End, and he recognizes some of the streets from when he met Amanda.
- This time is a little different though—it's a Saturday, and there are kids everywhere. One in particular takes particular notice of Maniac.
- Maniac Magee, meet Mars Bar Thompson.
- Mars Bar's got a candy bar hanging out of his mouth and offers (a.k.a. challenges) Maniac to take a bite. Maniac figures why not, and takes a bite.
- Right over Mars' teeth marks.
- Now Mars is confused. And a confused Mars is a mad Mars.
- Before Maniac realizes it, he's in a confrontation. At the center of it all is the book he's bringing back to Amanda.
- One ripped out page later, a neighborhood lady breaks up the fight and sends Maniac back to where he belongs.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search