Cite This Page
Maniac Magee Chapter 19 Summary Page 1
- Cobble's Knot has a legend of its own.
- Word is it appeared one morning hanging from the flagpole outside Cobble's Corner Grocery. Cobble was a businessman, so he figures, why not use the knot?
- The deal was, solve the knot, get a prize.
- Cobble's Knot ended up outliving Cobble's grocery. Now it's a pizza parlor, and the prize for solving the knot is a large pizza a week for a year.
- So this is Amanda's plan: Maniac uses his incredible knot-untangling abilities to solve Cobble's Knot, gets his picture in the paper, gets a pizza a week for a year, becomes a hero, and receives everyone's love and adoration.