Cite This Page
Maniac Magee Chapter 2 Summary Page 1
- We know that Jeffrey Lionel Magee starts out in Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania and Maniac Magee ends up in Two Mills.
- What we don't know is what exactly happened in the year it took him to cover the two hundred miles between the two towns. This is "The Lost Year" (2.3).
- We're not sure why exactly Jeffrey/Maniac chooses Two Mills as the place to stop running, but we do know that it is just across the river from Bridgeport, where he spent the first three years of his life with his parents.
- As happens with most legends, many more people claim to have witnessed Jeffrey-Maniac's arrival than actually did.
- There are those who do remember, but they don't remember him kissing a bull, racing a train, or performing any other extraordinary feat of bravery and skill.
- Nope, they remember him saying "hi."
- 'Cause you know, people "just didn't say that to strangers, out of the blue" (2.7).