by Jerry Spinelli
Maniac Magee Chapter 32 Summary
- Grayson and Maniac have settled into a nice routine: Grayson gets up first, turns on the heater, preps breakfast, and then wakes up Maniac.
- When that doesn't happen on December 30th, Maniac goes to wake up Grayson and immediately knows something is wrong.
- Maniac doesn't go running for help like so many kids would. Instead, he sits with Grayson, reading and talking.
- Grayson's funeral is just Maniac and some disrespectful gravediggers. Sound like a little too much to take? Well, it is.
- So Maniac does what Maniac always does: he takes off running.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...