Maniac Magee Chapter 34 Summary
- After two nights in the cabin, Maniac hears voices. Little kid voices.
- The next morning he manages to get up and goes to the next cabin where he finds two little kids: "Missing Tooth" and "Screecher."
- Missing Tooth and Screecher are running away to Mexico: and they've got quite a haul of stolen junk food for supplies.
- Missing Tooth is Russell and Screecher is Piper, and they're brothers. They're quite concerned that Maniac is a cop, but Maniac convinces them that he is actually a pizza delivery boy.
- Even though Maniac is a runaway himself, he manages to bribe Piper and Russell back to Two Mills using his Cobble's Knot pizza.
- Maniac then walks them home, having convinced them that if they really want to go to Mexico, they should rest up first and start the next day.
- And wouldn't you just know it? The older brother of these two delinquents is none other than Giant John McNab.