Marcelo in the Real World Chapter 20 Summary
- Back at the office, Juliet confronts Marcelo about how long his doctor's appointment was.
- Marcelo doesn't know what she's talking about at first, but then remembers: he lied and said that's where he was going.
- Lying, Marcelo realizes, takes a lot of concentration. Preach.
- Wendell's in his office and scolds Marcelo for not doing better work. He needs Marcelo to run an errand for him.
- And of course this errand is super shady. He wants Marcelo to go to Robert Steely's house and get him to sign a letter acknowledging he's been fired and agreeing not to take action against the firm.
- Juliet calls Marcelo a cab despite Marcelo asking her to get a messenger, and he's on his way to Steely's.
- To Marcelo's surprise, Steely lives in a neighborhood where the houses are closer together (read: not as nice) as his own.
- Marcelo sees a piano inside Steely's house, which makes him remember Jasmine telling him that the right note will sound right.
- He takes it as a sign and asks Steely if the firm knew about the windshields. Then he shows Steely the picture of Ixtel.
- Steely tells Marcelo that even though it's not right, it's Arturo's job to defend corporations, so there was no way he could settle out of court with Garcia.
- Although Steely can't really get involved, he tells Marcelo there's a 36th box of Vidromek files. Marcelo only has 35.
- Steely wishes him luck.
- Back at the office, Marcelo tells Jasmine that the 36th box must contain a document saying Vidromek knew about the windshields.
- Jasmine agrees to look for the box that night, then walks Marcelo to the subway once again.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...