Marcelo in the Real World
Cite This Page
Marcelo in the Real World Chapter 21 Summary Page 1
- The next day, as he's on the way to the mailroom, Marcelo runs into Arturo, whom he's been avoiding.
- Arturo invites him to have lunch, but Marcelo blows him off for Jasmine. Arturo senses Marcelo's mad, but has no idea why.
- Jasmine's found the 36th box. She tells Marcelo that if what's in the box is made public, Vidromek will probably lose the case. Yep, we're playing with live ammo now.
- Here's the thing: if Vidromek loses the case, Arturo will no longer have the money to send Marcelo to Paterson.
- Marcelo feels confused and realizes feeling confused is uncomfortable. We'll say. Still, he decides to look in the box.
- There it is: a letter from Vidromek quality control to the president of the company, telling him the windshields are defective.
- Over lunch, Marcelo tells Jasmine that if anyone asks him where he got the file, he'll have to lie so she won't lose her job.
- Jasmine, seeing that Marcelo's a bit of an emotional wreck, invites him to come to her family home in Vermont for the weekend.
- The plot thickens.