Marcelo in the Real World Chapter 24 Summary
- Time for the camping trip. Marcelo's super nervous, but he loves being around Jasmine, so its kind of okay.
- They hike for several hours Amos's fishing spot. On the way, Jasmine talks about how much she loves Vermont and how she wants to come back.
- Once they get to Amos's shack, which he pulls out onto the frozen lake in winter to fish, Jasmine tells Marcelo that the old-timer fishermen don't like the new-timer ones.
- The new-timers, she says, want generators and snowmobiles. The old-timers aren't down, but Jasmine knows that as soon as they die off, it'll be generator city.
- They do a little fishing in the canoe, in which Marcelo contemplates life/religion/doing the right thing.
- Jasmine actually catches a fish, which they have for dinner.
- And then it's time to set up the tent and crawl into those sleeping bags.
- Marcelo's already freaked enough, but then Jasmine unzips her sleeping bag and lays it flat so they can share.
- They have a talk about the IM, in which Marcelo realizes that Jasmine doesn't think it's weird. He admits he can't find it anymore, but feels very close to Jasmine for caring about it.
- Which leads Marcelo, Mr. Smooth Move, to ask if they're going to have "sexual intercourse."
- The answer: no, but she wouldn't sleep with anyone else like this. And by "like this," she means with her arm around him.
- They fall asleep with Marcelo thinking that not being alone is pretty much the most awesome thing that's ever happened to him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...