Marcelo in the Real World
Marcelo in the Real World Chapter 25 Summary
- Back at the law office, Marcelo's sitting outside thinking about the weekend and how amazing it was to sleep beside Jasmine when Wendell comes out to have a cigarette.
- Wendell knows about the camping trip, and he's not happy, to say the least.
- He gets back at Marcelo by handing him a letter and telling him it's "the gift of truth."
- Then he kicks a pigeon and injures it, and it's the first time Marcelo's ever seen anyone be mean to an animal. And for no good reason, no less.
- Wendell just gets more and more charming by the minute.
- The letter, in a nutshell: it's from Jasmine to Arturo. She's telling him that what they did in his office after last year's Christmas party was wrong.
- Marcelo reads it three times, feeling worse and worse as he comprehends it more and more.
- He's furious, but he tries to tell himself that Arturo maybe loved Jasmine a little. But how could someone who lies and hurts people feel love?
- But what hurts even worse is thinking that maybe Jasmine loved Arturo.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search