Marcelo in the Real World Chapter 26 Summary
- And now for a really beautiful chapter in which Marcelo and Rabbi Heschel talk about love, religion, and losing both IM and faith.
- Not only can Marcelo not find the IM anymore, he's not as obsessed with religion.
- Rabbi Heschel gets all Coolest Rabbi Ever and tells Marcelo that everyone in the religion business has screwed the world up big time.
- She tells him that she became a Rabbi because she had a strong urge.
- Marcelo wants to know what to do if you have a strong urge to help somebody if it would hurt someone else.
- She tells him that sometimes people start out good and end up evil, even though she doesn't say, "like Arturo."
- When she tells him to do what feels right, he realizes he has to help Ixtel.
- As Aurora arrives to pick him up, Rabbi Heschel reminds him that faith is a bit like IM: you have to follow the music even when you can't hear it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...