Marcelo in the Real World
Marcelo in the Real World Chapter 31 Summary
- In Robert Steely's office the next day, there's a letter from Arturo to Marcelo. He's apologizing for what he did with Jasmine.
- When he read the letter through Marcelo's eyes, trying to see through them for the first time, he realized how much he screwed up, and he apologizes for it.
- Marcelo's still fired, however.
- Jasmine's heard. She appears in the office to tell him she's sorry and ask him what his deal is She wants to know why he's been avoiding her.
- He tells her the truth: he knows about her and Arturo.
- She feels awful and assures him they just kissed, which still wasn't right. She had a fleeting crush on him but is totally over it now. She wishes she could go back and change it.
- Marcelo forgives her because he's realized he loves her, in his own way. He's still confused, but he asks her if she meant it when she said he could go to Vermont anytime he wanted.
- She did, which is good, because he's decided he wants to go to nursing school there to be with her.
- She's down with the idea but tells him he has to be sure he's doing it for the right reason.
- Right note is right, he says.
- She kisses him on the cheek, and he hears the IM again.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search