Marcelo in the Real World Chapter 9 Summary
- Marcelo's having lunch and contemplating the ways he's succeeding at his job. He can go places by himself, for example, as long as he sticks to a pre-printed map.
- As he finishes his sandwich and is about to head back to the mailroom, he's intercepted by Wendell, who wants to talk about—what else?—Jasmine.
- Amazingly enough, Jasmine won't go out with him. Imagine that. But he wants to know if she ever talks about him to Marcelo.
- Marcelo says no, and the conversation turns into one more of Wendell's lectures about women, including how the secretaries at the law firm are all hot in some way.
- Blah, blah, blah. Wendell's even more of a one-track mind than Marcelo, and his track is headed nowhere good. He leaves Marcelo wondering what exactly makes a woman attractive, and if he himself could ever feel attraction.
- Back in the mailroom, Marcelo reports to Jasmine that Wendell thinks she's beautiful, and she tells Marcelo that Wendell can't be trusted.
- There's that word again: trust. It's safe to say it totally confounds our friend Marcelo.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...