The Martian Chronicles
Cite This Page
The Martian Chronicles Night Meeting Summary Page 1
- It's an exciting night for Tomás Gomez.
- First, he meets an old man who likes how strange and different Mars is. The old man tells Tomás that time is crazy on Mars.
- Hello, giant neon sign telling us that time is going to be weird in this story.
- Next he meets a Martian named Muhe Ca.
- We're not particularly surprised that he seems to be from a different time. They can't touch each other, but they can talk and see each other.
- Amazingly, they seem to get along, which is probably a first for Earthling-Martian contact.
- Gomez talks about how great his time is, and Muhe Ca talks about how great his is. It's like a compare and contrast essay, without the grade at the end.
- They wish they could see the other's world, but they never can. It's just like Romeo and Juliet, only less tragic.