Cite This Page
Matilda Chapter 15 Summary Page 1
The Second Miracle
- All the other students leave except Matilda.
- Matilda can't keep what just happened inside forever. She knows she needs to talk to someone trustworthy about it, and Miss Honey seems like the best option.
- As Matilda explains what happened, Miss Honey listens kindly and carefully.
- While the teacher doesn't believe that could've happened, she doesn't tell Matilda that straight up.
- Instead, she asks Matilda to make something else move with her mind. Of course, Miss Honey is sure nothing will happen.
- But something does happen. Matilda concentrates, channels that amazing power through her eyes, and, sure enough, she makes the glass fall over again.
- Unsurprisingly, Miss Honey is completely blown away.
- It's almost like Matilda has an out-of-body experience. Then she snaps back to reality.
- What do you do after seeing telekinesis in action?
- Have a nice cup of tea, of course.
- Miss Honey tries to pull herself together and invites Matilda to come over to her house for some refreshments.
- Her student joyfully accepts and they agree to keep what just happened a total secret.
- Not that anyone would believe them anyway.