Gospel of Matthew Chapter 20 Summary
Parables and Prophecies and Miracles, Oh My!
- Jesus starts off telling the parable of the workers in the vineyard.
- Third time's the charm! Jesus predicts his arrest, death, and resurrection...again.
- Then the mother of James and John asks Jesus if her sons can sit next to him in the kingdom of heaven. Seriously? You can't just ask for a primo seat next to Jesus. Come on, woman.
- Jesus has a similar reaction and say it's up to God, not Jesus, to decide. He also throws in that whoever wants to be the greatest must be a servant like him. After all, Jesus came to serve, not to be served.
- While leaving Jericho, two blind men call out for the "Son of David" to have pity. Being the good guy he is, Jesus touches their eyes and they immediately regain sight.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...