Gospel of Matthew
Gospel of Matthew Chapter 28 Summary
And He's Back
- Mary Magdalene and "the other Mary" head over to the tomb.
- And as it turns out, sealing the tomb doesn't do much. An earthquake and angel can open that bad boy right back up again.
- The guard becomes paralyzed with fear so he's basically rendered useless.
- The two Marys are greeted by an angel who says that Jesus has already been raised and that they should go tell the other disciples.
- Guess who they meet on their way to do just that? Why, none other than Jesus Raised-From-the-Dead Christ. Naturally they're ecstatic, and Jesus sends them off to tell the others in Galilee.
- The guards tell the chief priests about what went down. It goes without saying that they are less than pleased.
- The chief priests' new plan is to bribe the guards into claiming that Jesus's body was stolen in the night. And that's the story they start spreading around.
- Resurrected Jesus gets to Galilee and meets up with the remaining eleven disciples. For his final instructions, Jesus tells his friends to "make disciples of all nations" (28:19-20). Oh, and he'll always be with them.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search