The Mayor of Casterbridge
Cite This Page
The Mayor of Casterbridge Chapter 6 Summary Page 1
- They see a young man enter the hotel. He sends a note to the mayor and asks someone if there's a less fancy, less expensive hotel somewhere in the town.
- He's directed to the King of Prussia Inn down the road.
- They see Michael Henchard open the note, read it, and look interested.
- Elizabeth-Jane and her mother decide to go to the King of Prussia themselves.
- The dinner festivities are winding down at the fancy hotel, and Michael Henchard asks where the young man who sent him the note has gone.
- He's directed to the King of Prussia, so he heads down the road, too.