Measure for Measure
Measure for Measure Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Should Isabella do whatever it takes to save her brother's life, or is she right when she refuses to compromise herself?
- Remind us again, why is it that the Duke fakes his absence and spies on his subjects?
- In what generic category should we place Measure for Measure? Is it a comedy?
- Why does Mariana go along with the "bed trick"? Why does Isabella go along with the bed trick?
- What's the overall significance of the title, Measure for Measure?
- How does the play's ending compare to the endings of Shakespeare's other "comedies"?
- What's the overall function of the comic sub-plot that revolves around Pompey?
- Do you think the Duke is a good ruler? Does Shakespeare seem to think the Duke is a good ruler?